By decision of the jury in the Woodwinds category, the following participants have been admitted to the Third Round of the XVI International Tchaikovsky Competition.
1. Juri Florian Alexander Vallentin (Germany, oboe)
2. Sofiya Viland (Russia, flute)
3. Nikita Vaganov (Russia, clarinet)
4. Joidy Scarlet Blanco Lewis (Venezuela, flute)
5. Matvey Demin (Russia, flute)
6. Alessandro Beverari (Italy, clarinet)
7. Lívia Duleba (Hungary, flute)
8. Lola Descours (France/ bassoon)
Incentive prize as best-performing participants of Round II who do not pass onwards to Round III got Chiesa Aron (Italy, Clarinet), Kobylskiy Ivan (Russia, oboe) and Eletskiy Sergei (Russia, clarinet). As best accompanist in Woodwinds category were named Serova Elena, Granik Anna and Lee Betty.